C R H D Women’s Centre:
Health care Programmes
- Body cleanliness
- Hair, nails etc.
- House – surrounds of the home
- Menstrual time – use of pad & clothes
Topic 1: Major diseases in Raichur
c) G.E (Gastro enteritis)
e) Fever etc.
- Personal & family hygiene during sickness
- Causes of Dengue & Malaria
- Prevention of mosquito bites
- Safe use of mosquito nets, coils etc.
- Avoiding water stockage
- Healthy environment in the family relationship between husband, wife & children
- Causes of home break-up eg:- quarrels between husband & wife
- Care of offspring (children)
- Emotional feelings of teenage children
- Controlling stages and diversion of their emotions.
- Healthy food and environment for adolescence (to follow)
Topic 2: Delivery care, ANC care (Care during Pregnancy), PNC care (Care after delivery)
- Food (healthy & strength-giving food)
- Personal hygiene (bathing, combing etc.)
- Complications during pregnancy
- Importance of hospital visits during pregnancy and up to delivery
- Importance of T T injections & iron tablets
- Uses of Thai cord
- Causes of Anaemia: treatment & hospitalisation
- Importance of hospital (or) institutional deliveries and disadvantages of home deliveries
- Health hazards during labour
- Baby care
- Personal hygiene during & after delivery.
- Immunisation for the baby after birth
- Bleeding problems during pregnancy & after labour
- One or two children: the benefits of a small family.
- How more than 4 or 5 children can create family problems and be a disadvantage
- Multi parity problems
- LSCS necessities and a gap between 2 children
- Contraceptives to allow a gap between babies “copper” Mala “D” condoms etc.
- Permanent methods for preventing pregnancy.
- How the Hospital visits benefit the pregnant mother
- PEM programme available (protein energy Malnutrition)
- How childhood diseases spread.
Topic 3: HIV & AIDS
- How these diseases first spread from monkey to monkey
- First occurrence in India: Madras Tamilnadu
- How they spread: human to human
- by Injection (when the needle is not sterile)
- Contaminated blood transfusion
- An infected mother to baby through the birth canal
- Sexual intercourse with an infected person
- How to prevent spreading this disease
- Use of condom
- Awareness about HIV & Aids
- Mental support for the person suffering from HIV & Aids
- Use of tablets (Government programme for controlling HIV & Aids)
- Frequent checks & blood samples
- Following the doctors’ advice
Topic 4: T.B. (Tuberculosis)
- How TB spreads through the respiratory system
- Signs & symptoms
- Causes of the disease entering in the body
- Preventative Measures
- Psychological support
- Health & strength food
- Family support
Topic 5: A woman is the mainstay of the family
- Family builder
- Family developer
- Family saviour
- Family maker (but also can be the family breaker)